Advantage Wisconsin: Strategic Framework
Strategic Challenge Question:
How can the UW System further leverage its strengths and impact through increased collaborations among its campuses and with other Wisconsin partners?
The Call for Change: Over the past decade, the independent campuses of the UW System have learned to collaborate more with one another and with external partners to the benefit of students, communities, businesses, and Wisconsin taxpayers. At the same time, they have used their independence to define exciting futures and move forward. The Think Tank will focus on how to create a more collaborative culture and remove internal and external barriers to collaboration. Great collaboration will help the UW System more rapidly and effectively execute the six other core strategies of its strategic framework to Advantage Wisconsin.
- What can be learned from the UW Colleges’ Role Task Force, which will soon be underway examining how best to use the UW Colleges to advance the university's strategic framework?
- What can the UW System do that other states’ higher educational systems cannot do as readily?
- What are the UW System's major assets and how does the university use them better?
- What is the right structure for the UW System to achieve its vision?
- How can the UW System enhance its collaboration with other educational institutions so as to graduate more students, especially students of color, and make college education more affordable for students in need?
- How can the UW System extend its partnerships with the private sector so as to accelerate job creation and better prepare students with practical knowledge?
- How is the UW System viewed by the outside world?